As the 2010 General Election Day approaches, we must consider our commitment to our Judeo-Christian faith which includes principles by which this country was founded. The two fundamental documents asserting our form of government are the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.
Concerned and committed Christians are asked to devote 40 Days of Prayer for Election 2010, commencing September 23 through November 2, 2010. While we must always pray for our family and neighbors, we are asking you to specifically pray for those individuals seeking to represent us at the local, state and federal levels. We pray these individuals are of strong character, have a committed for being a servant leader, are “as wise as a serpent, and gentle as a dove” (Matthews 10:16) and embody placing “the government…upon his [Jesus] shoulder”(Isaiah 9:6).
Pray Daily for the Following Categories:
Prayers for the Church Body
· Set standards for selecting and supporting candidates for public office;
· Raise the banner of righteousness and unite the church in prayer for the nation;
· Ask the Lord for a heart and consciousness of righteousness in progression towards prosperity and;
· Principles for building the Kingdom of God, doing away with the spirit of religiosity.
· Unite and galvanize the Body of Christ to stand for righteousness in the eyes of God;
· Establish the relevance of the Body of Christ in American politics;
· Mobilize the Body of Christ to: 1) pray and intercede for the nation; 2) campaign for righteous and just candidates;
Prayer for Candidates
· Pray all candidates campaign on a platform of righteousness
· Pray that the Lord gives them grace, wisdom, good health and endurance.
· Pray that volunteers step forward and help with the campaigns.
· Pray for protection during the spiritual warfare that has and will continue to attack the candidates, their families and workers.
· Pray for financial provision and resources needed to run a positive, effective and successful campaign.
· Pray that God gives them Divine connections and favor with key constituents.
· Pray each candidate is elected!
Prayer for the Media
· Pray the media coverage is fair and equitable.
· Pray that all reporting is based on facts instead of opinions.
· Pray candidates who stand for righteousness are featured in a favorable light.
· Pray the final 40 Days of campaign advertising is respectful, honest and positive.
· Pray for placing Christians in strategic media positions. Pray for an end to the hostility towards the church from the media. In prayer, bind all personal biases and fear that motivate this.
Prayer for Televised Debates & All-Candidates Meetings
· Pray and fast for the candidates that are standing for righteousness during the debates. The warfare is very intense during these pivotal moments.
· Pray for all candidate meetings held in communities all across the country.
· Pray for clear, powerful presentations by the candidates standing for righteousness.
· Pray for Antiabortion and Traditional Family candidates’ wisdom in public statements and positions.
Prayer for the Election Process
· Pray that all Christians in America will register and vote during this and future elections (Matt. 22:21).
· Pray that Godly candidates will be clearly revealed as voters consider candidates and their positions with Biblical values (Proverbs 3:5-6).
· Pray that the Lord would protect and redeem the election process both nationally and locally from dishonesty and fraud (Proverbs 20:23).
· Pray that God would give us godly men and women leaders who fear the Lord and honor Him (Proverbs 29:2).
· Pray that God would give us leaders who value and promote America as a beacon of hope and freedom for the entire world and that our nation must be defended (Proverbs 8:15-16).
· Pray that God blesses your efforts to engage our culture and claim it for Christ, beginning with your vote. Remember, how you vote today determines tomorrow.
Prayer for Our Nation
· Pray for our government officials (1Timothy 2:1-2). Specifically, pray for:
o The President and Vice President
o The Cabinet and the Congress
o The Supreme Court and the Judges
o Those who serve as local officials
· Pray that all our leaders would come to know Christ and follow Him (1Timothy 2:3-4).
· Pray that God would give our leaders wisdom and discernment as they govern (Psalm 72:1; Proverbs 21:1).
· Pray that God will release those taken captive by Satan and give sight to those who have been spiritually blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
· Pray that God will bring revival to the hearts and lives of the saved (2 Chronicles 7:14).
· Pray that God will soften all our hearts and make them open to the Lord (Ezekiel 36:36).
· Pray that the innocent, the oppressed, and those unjustly treated would be rescued and protected (Proverbs 24:11).
· Finally, pray for policies that respect human life, protects the sacredness of marriage, the right to religious freedom, and that compassionately care for the needy and responsibly care for the environment (Proverbs 29:2).
Remember the prescription God gave us: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
Our faithfulness in prayer will inevitably lead to action.
Thank you for joining us during the 40 Days of Prayer. To learn more about the Frederick Douglass Foundation, visit our website at www.tfdf.org